Every single day, I hop onto my computer and I check a choice few blogs for music and video game industry news. One such site, Heavy Blog Is Heavy, is self explanatory. But every once in a while I find some new music that I think they might like to be aware of. But what do I find when I look for a way to tip them off about said new music? Nothing. They have no contact information for tipsters.
So anyways, I was roaming Bandcamp today and came across a gem. Substructure, a seemingly new band (at least to band camp) with a new EP released just this month called Monolith. They describe their music as "progressive metal". Simple enough, but that's not going to make the decision for everyone.
A deliciously low growling lead vocalist pervades over what is admittedly very progressive metal: odd-time signatures, an active keyboardist, and whatnot. The guitars meander a bit between quite melodic, (which when coupled with the keyboards is very atmospheric and soothing) and a groovy, djenty low end. It's very pleasing. Fans of Misery Signals mayhap enjoy this.
Take a listen and decide for yourself (Hint: Track 2 "Canis Minor" has a really sick breakdown at around 1:25)
No comments:
Post a Comment